Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ultimate Blog Swap: Honey Baked Ham

Today I'm participating in the Ultimate Blog Swap. You'll find me posting over at Feeding My Sunshine about one of our family's favorite recipes, and I'm excited to welcome Tammi from Picture Perfect Cooking to Bake Sew Write:


Good morning! My name is Tammi and my blog is Picture Perfect Cooking because I am definitely not perfect, but cooking and photography are the perfect hobbies for me. I am thrilled to be participating in the 2nd Annual Ultimate Blog Swap hosted by Life…Your Way and guest blogging at Bake Sew Write!

You will find that most of my blog posts are about food and photography with a little gardening, housekeeping, reading and pet love thrown in as well. My husband and I live next door to his parents on a farm in South Central Kentucky. My father in law and his cousin have bee hives and started producing their own honey last year so today my recipe is for a Honey Baked Ham using honey made by bees that live right across the road from me.


Honey Baked Ham

  • 1 spiral sliced pre-cooked ham
  • 1 cup water
  • ½ tsp. ground cloves
  • ½ tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. allspice
  • ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
  • ½ cup honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar and 1 cup water. Add spices and honey. Simmer over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.




Place the ham in a large baking dish and spoon about half of the glaze over the ham. Place ham in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting with honey mixture every 15 minutes.


Once the ham is done, remove it from the oven and pour the remaining glaze over the top. Let the ham rest for a few minutes then slice and enjoy!



Visit Life Your Way to see all of the Ultimate Blog Swap participants! 

1 comment:

  1. I really like meat prepared with honey as honey gives that tasty crust. Thanks a lot for this tasty recipe, I will make a break in writing for http://www.pinkelstar.com/ and prepare this mouthwatering dish!

    ReplyDelete