Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Earth Mama Angel Baby


After reading about the possible carcinogens inhabiting widely used baby shampoos (here's an article about it from the Washington Post), I decided to go on the hunt for something a little more natural for my almost-five-month-old. I am not normally a freaker-outer when it comes to news about this or that causing cancer. I didn't throw out all my plastic food storage containers (though I no longer heat them up in the microwave), I still use commercial cleaners, and I buy processed, packaged food. I try to be smart about this stuff and use it in moderation (as in, I don't wash my floors in bleach). I also stick to organic when it comes to the "dirty dozen." BUT -- when it comes to a product that I am slathering all over my sensitive-skinned tiny person, "potentially cancer causing" was enough for me to toss out my old products and go in search of something new.

In case you are in a similar boat, I thought I would share with you my own experiences. I found that there are about a billion "organic" or "all natural" baby shampoos out there. It is very, very difficult to be sure that you are getting a product that is safe but that will also WORK! I don't want my child to get cancer from his soap, but I would also like it to clean his stinky self. (Why didn't anyone tell me how bad babies' feet could smell?!) I finally settled on Earth Mama Angel Baby Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash. It had great reviews on Amazon and is USDA Certified Organic. I just bought a small bottle of the pumping foam and figured I'd try my luck.

Well, I must say, this soap is awesome!

Here are the ingredients: organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, organic aloe leaf juice, organic vanilla bean extract, organic orange oil, kosher vegetable glycerin, potassium citrate, organic shea butter, and organic calendula extract.

Everything is natural, organic, and totally non-toxic. I knew that when I bought it, but what I didn't know was how well it would work. I have a stinky little boy -- he sweats like a pig (got it from his momma) and drools like a waterfall. I fear the day he begins moving on his own because I know he will only manage to get himself even dirtier! This soap works like a dream. He comes away smelling slightly sweet and citrusy (thanks to the vanilla and orange), but I like that it is not a strong odor. I know that it is gentle because he just carries a bit of the scent with him. I love the way it foams up! It makes it easy to see where I have lathered my little wiggler. We have been using it for about two months now and are barely a quarter of the way through the bottle. (Granted, it's winter, so I only bathe him about twice a week.) The soap is not a "no tears" formula (did you know they use numbing agents to achieve that little perk?? how strange!), but I haven't found it very difficult to keep out of his eyes. I just go slow when I'm washing and rinsing his head. I love this soap, and I will be adding it to my list of "must haves" for all my new mom friends!

Do you use organic or all natural baby soap? Do you make your own? I'd love to hear what you do to get your tiny ones clean!


Disclaimer: I was not paid for my review, nor was I sent a sample by Earth Mama Angel Baby. I just love this soap and wanted to share my opinion with you! Links are affiliate paid.

4 comments:

  1. You've sold me... I'm switching right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it once you get a chance to use it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this amazing review!! We LOVE it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly a pleasure to write. Thank YOU for making products that are good for us and our babies!

      Delete